Thursday, June 16, 2011

10.5 Months

I thought that I would share some little highlights about Avery's growth lately.  Here are some things about my sweet girl you might like to know.  :)


She:

-Is wearing between 9-12 mo. clothing
-Still loves squash and bananas, but is not liking peas so much anymore.  It's funny, the faces she makes now- sometimes she even does that shiver thing. :)
-LOVES books!  She points at pictures, turns the pages and could "read" the same book for 45 minutes
-If we are walking around the house, she has to stop at every door hinge, handle and drawer pull so she can investigate.
-Is crawling like a champ! 
-Is pulling herself up now.  It's the cutest thing!  She has to head butt and get right up to it before she reaches up.  So cute!
-Loves the baby apps I have for her on my cell phone.  Favorites include Bab Bab and an interactive farm yard with a fish pond and chickens you have to tap on to hatch.
-Taps on EVERYTHING.
-Has 3 teeth.  2 on the bottom, 1 on the top and 1 about to break through on the top.
-Only holds on to 1 hand when we are walking.  Her balance is amazing!  When she was walking on her own the other day, she stopped, turned around and came back to me with no help!  So close....
-Loves being outside and taking walks. 
-Loves being around other kids and babies.  She gets so excited!
-Says "momma", "dadda" and I thought I heard a "hi" the other day. :)
-Will crawl up to me, climb on me and sit in my lap if I'm sitting on the floor with her.
-Is so outgoing and friendly!  She will let just about anyone hold her, and anyone is welcome to walk her around.  She still gets really shy though, and clings to me if she's not comfortable.
-Loves looking at herselk in the mirror and giving herself kisses.  She even loves to see her face in my phone when I take her picture.
-Instantly smiles when I start singing "If You're Happy and You Know It". :)
-LOVES bath time.  She is so content in the tub.  Splashing, playing with her toys, soaking. 
-Has enough hair to make a ponytail now!!!!  I'm VERY excited about this. :)




-Points at things a little bit now.  When I put something in front of her on her tray, she scoots it around with her index finger before she picks it up. :)
-Constantly flails and flaps her hands/arms around.  When she gets mad, excited, happy....you name it.  Those arms are always going.

Well, I think that's it for now.  If you made it this far, thanks.  :) 

She makes me smile.  That's the best thing of all. :)

2 comments:

  1. This blog post makes me smile :) - your little girl is beautiful and I ADORE the ponytail pic! :) Sounds like she is growing beautifully - you have every right to be a proud momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize your daughter and mine were so close in age. Adeline is a few days shy of 11 months. Hasn't this past year just flown by? Can't believe the big 1st birthday is coming up! Well it sounds like Avery got all the teeth and Adeline got all the hair. Adeline doesn't have any teeth yet, not even a hint of any coming through. But boy oh boy does she have the hair! I could have put her hair up in a pontail the day she was born! I have cut her hair about 4 times already. Sorry for writing a novel here. haha. Avery is a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete